Planning for the financial future is an essential part of every divorce. Separating or divorcing couples often face major transformations in their financial circumstances. If you are planning a divorce, are in the middle of a divorce, or have already finalized your divorce, the divorce financial planners at Guide My Finances can provide you with the guidance you need to evaluate the cost of divorce, negotiate an equitable settlement and ultimately, set up a solid financial plan based on your new income and assets.
Regardless of the couple, in many divorce situations, two households must adjust to survive on the same dollars that formerly supported one. This means, it is important for individuals to work with a professional to create a reasonable and fresh financial plan based on their new financial situation, as well as prepare for any potential financial changes caused by the divorce. The Divorce Financial Planners at Guide My Finances will work with you and your individual needs to integrate many of the methodologies of traditional financial planning into the divorce financial planning process..
Divorce Financial Planning Services can include:
- Tracing income and assets
- Lifestyle analysis for establishment of financial needs.
- Spousal support buyouts
- Review and analysis of stock options and other forms of employee compensation
- Retirement and pension plan analysis
- Multiple settlement scenarios with supporting documents detailing cash flows and net worth
- Employee benefits and deferred compensation analysis
- Develop future budget/needs analysis
- Cash flow projections
- Preparing financial exhibits to support your case
At Guide My Finances, we help lawyers and divorcing clients address the special financial issues of divorce with data that can help achieve equitable settlements. It’s always a good idea to speak with a professional regarding the potential financial outcome of your divorce before anything is finalized. Since settlements are in large part financial, Divorce Financial Planners can explain your options, help you set priorities, and lead you through the hard choices ahead.